Thursday, June 22, 2006

Doing something about my weight

For the first time in three years, I am motivated to do something about my weight gain. Three years ago, I did the Body For Life diet, and lost 30 pounds, and I was in INCREDIBLE shape. We moved to San Diego, and my routine was completely blown, stress set in, and three years later, I'm 30 pounds heavier again. Until this week, I just didn't have the motivation/discipline to do the diet again. BUT, this Monday, I started getting up at 5:15, getting myself to the gym every morning, and following a diet. So, I've done it for four days now, not ground breaking, exactly, but I haven't been able to stick with it for this long in 3 years. Wish me luck. I am really uncomfortable with the way I look right now, and the way I feel. I'm back in CO, and I want to be able to enjoy it! Also, if I ever get pregnant, it would be a good thing to be healthier. I currently weigh 158 (down from 159!), which is quite heavy for my 5'3" height. None of my clothes fit anymore. Even the big ones! I feel really good, probably just because I'm actually doing something about it. Monday, I felt tired, but after that, I've been pretty energetic.

Last night, I went for a ride on my horse, and it started raining. It felt so good, and it was cool, as I could picture myself coming in on a cattle drive in the rain, like a real cowgirl. Then, the thunder and lightning started, so I pushed him into a gallop and got back to the barn quick. He is such an awesome animal, Sunday I was out riding him around, and we found a new trail, that winds alongside a river; it is just beautiful. However, there were many trees and foilage, much different from the wide open spaces we're more used to. But he took it like a champ, he seemed as eager as me to see what was around every bend. I had a great time. I could pretend I was on the Lewis and Clark expedition, exploring new frontiers...

I am so grateful for the wonderful people/pets I have in my life: my INCREDIBLE husband, my two dogs and cat, and my horse. My job is pretty darn good as well. If I can stop blogging and get back to it!

No comments: