Monday, July 03, 2006

Roller Coaster

Well, I still haven't had my period. It is now over 2 months overdue. I decided to take one last pregnancy test. And, it was positive! I was so incredibly overjoyed. I called my husband about a zillion times, he finally called me back, and we cried together. It was wonderful. I was just beside myself. Now, the anxiety is beginning to set in. I was thinking that if I could just make it until I could get a doctor's appointment, to confirm everything looked ok, then I would be fine. But I call Kaiser, the shittiest health insurer in the world, and they won't let you make an appointment. You have to call a main number, and they'll send a message to someone, and they will hopefully call back within 2 business days, which is 3 more days for me, since the fucking fourth of July is tomorrow. I can't believe I have to wait 3 days until I can even schedule an appointment. Work is so busy right now, I don't know how I'm going to get away to even go to an appointment. I hate Kaiser right now. And I hate that I'm paying 438 dollars a month for the privilege of being talked down to by a cold, unfeeling customer service rep who could care less how worried I am about being pregnant, 35, and possibly 8 weeks along. And I am having cramps. I asked her if there was someone I could talk to, since the recording says this is the OB/GYN counseling line, and she says "I can add it to the message". Gee, thanks, maybe I'll send a letter to Santa Claus at the North Pole, I bet I get an answer sooner. It is amazing how quickly I went from euphoria to incredible anxiety. And they don't even care!
I went to get car tags today, had to go back to the emissions place, went through all of that, and still kept my cool, until I talked to Kaiser. If I don't hear from them by the end of today, I'm going to Planned Parenthood on Wednesday. It'll cost me less, and hey, they actually sounded as if they wanted to help. Amazing.

No comments: