Thursday, July 26, 2007

Home Stretch

Well, I'm officially 2 and a half weeks from my due date. How the heck did that happen? I can't, just can't believe it, and I am so incredibly grateful. I do have some anxiety about things going wrong, but as we speak, the little bugger is squirming around in there, so that makes me feel more confident. I think yesterday was the first day that I really felt like "okay, I'm ready to be done with being pregnant". My feet are swollen, my hands are swollen (when I bend my fingers, it hurts), and I am so, incredibly TIRED. I worry about how we are going to deal with a new baby and the puppy, I worry about how we are going to afford to take care of aforementioned baby, and if I will EVER get any energy back! My friend had her baby, and now my friend's sister is being induced as we speak. It is amazing, like we are graduating or something.

I've had several people (one man, even) tell me that my belly looks a lot lower than it has, hopefully this means the kiddo has dropped, and will be on his way shortly. I am so ready to meet him. We both are.

Husband is really sick right now, throwing up every 30 minutes or so, which is scary for anyone, much less a diabetic -- so I'm going home shortly to keep an eye on him (or, as we say in the biz, "take a nap"). I think I'm going to push for half days starting next week, as I'm getting so sleepy my head is nodding at stop lights on the way home.

I had a dismal phone interview today. I didn't really have any time to prepare, as H was sick, and I had to wrangle the puppy all morning (who, incidentally woke up at 4:45 this morning). So, I pretty much bombed it. H had a great interview with a company that would require us to move to Steamboat Springs, which would be pretty awesome. We'll see if it works out or not. I told H that if they bring him to Steamboat for an interview, that will, in no doubt, be the day that I go into labor. What a fun interview that would be!

No comments: