Friday, October 02, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Whew, it has been a while! We are in Atlanta, and really like it so far. The job is pretty good, I get to work from home a bit, spend more time with my son, and my horse. We feel really good about being here, most of the time. We will always miss Colorado, but I think for now, we are staying put for a while. We are using the heck out of the zoo, the toddler sized park nearby, and our really sizeable back yard.

And by the way... I'm pregnant. Very early yet, Monday would be 7 weeks. I'm trying so hard to keep from obsessing about it, I want to just stay somewhat objective and see how things work out. I'm nauseated some days, some days not. My boobs are sore some days, and some days not. I'm tired ALL THE TIME. That could be psychological, I tell myself. And it could be. The doctor actually made a mistake and scheduled my appointment for Oct 2, today, instead of the 12th, which was what I had down on my calendar. I'll be right about 8 weeks on the 12th. It took massive amounts of control to reschedule the appointment. I would LOVE to see if anything is developing in there, but as my dear, logical husband pointed out, if we see something there, but no heartbeat, we are going to be on pins and needles until we come back to see if the heart is beating, because at 6 weeks, it is iffy that you could see it on an ultrasound. At eight weeks, we pretty much know that something is wrong if we don't see one. So, rather than go through that horrible waiting game, we decided to reschedule the appointment. So, I've got to wait another week and some change, which is driving me crazy, but I think it is for the best.

S turned two in August, and it was wonderful. He continues to amaze us on a daily basis with his personality. What a sense of humor! And we love seeing how interesting things can be for him, even during the most mundane tasks. He can do so many things now, getting food for the dog, he goes with me to see the horse, and helps me brush him and likes to get up on his back! What a fun age.

We went to Disney mid September, and it was lots of fun. He enjoyed the teacups, the carousel, Dumbo, the magic carpets, the train,and of course, Its a Small World. He tolerated the Jungle Cruise and was a little scared in Pooh's big adventure and Buzz Lightyear. We got to meet Mickey and Minnie, but there was a line, and he melted down right before it was our turn. He screamed the entire time, but we got pictures, and they are pretty funny! It was a really good time, I'm already planning our next trip.

No comments: