Thursday, May 21, 2009

The cork is about to pop

So, I've given my notice here at work, tomorrow is supposed to be my last day. I'm cleaning out my cube, thanking God that I don't have to work with certain people any more, very sad that I won't be working with others. Then it hits me. I haven't heard anything back from the recruiter about what time I should come in, who I ask for, etc. No big deal, I think, I'll shoot him an email. So I did.

And then, I heard nothing. Absolutely nothing. So I called. He's out this week. I'm starting to sweat a little. I call the manager for whom I'm supposed to be working. He never heard a confirmation on my start date, but says to come on in on Tuesday, and ask for him. I feel a little appeased by this, but I'm getting nervous. You see, they had to do a background check, and let's be honest, my credit is less than perfect. MUCH less. It is getting better, but we had some rough times there for a while. No bankruptcy, but still not great. So, my inner voice is having a heyday. And I'm ready to throw up.

Then day care calls. S is whiny, crying, can't go to sleep. I want to be able to leave, to go get him, but now I worry that I might have to come crawling back into my boss' office and beg for my job back.

I want to cry, I want to curl up and go to sleep until this is over. Why can't anything go smoothly? Arrggghhh. I already deal so poorly with change. This is not making it any easier.

No comments: