Thursday, January 18, 2007

So weak!

I caved in and called the doctor's office to see if I could come in earlier, and to my surprise, they scheduled me for that day! So Tuesday, I drove over, a little nervous, but really pretty much okay. The baby was there, heartbeat and all! I'm so glad I went because if I had waited 5 weeks to see the doctor, I would've been a basket case. Now I only have 2 and a half weeks until I go again. And the baby measured 10 weeks! By the measurement on the ultrasound last time, I should have been 9 weeks 3 days. I'm really excited by this, as last time, it ALWAYS measured smaller than it was supposed to be. Not much, but some. So, the next appointment will be 13 weeks. The last one died at 13 or 14 weeks, they weren't sure. My uterus measured 13, the head circumference measured 14, crown to rump measured 13. So, I'm hoping that if I go at the beginning of week 13, and everything is looking good, maybe I can come back in the 14th week, and if everything is good, I'll let my breath out a little. I'm ordering the Doppler rental, even though my husband wants me to wait until we go to the doc again. I really don't think I'll freak if I can't find it, as I've read numerous accounts of people not being able to at first. I just think it would be really cool if I could find it, and then when I go to the doctor, I won't be so nervous, because I'll be able to check in on the heartbeat.
We are supposed to go to Vegas (please be warm) over President's Day weekend, which will begin my 15th week. So, hopefully I'll be pregnant and grateful for a vacation, or I'll have just finished a D&E and will be glad to have a break. I'm praying for the pregnant option, please. I think I am supposed to schedule my amnio soon, but I am so, so afraid to. Last time I had the amnio scheduled for the next day when we found out the baby had died. I had to call, completely in tears, to cancel. I know I've got to make the appointment. I just don't want to have to cancel it. Fear is a terrible thing. Part of me thinks that everything really will be okay this time. The other part is terrifed to believe that! I know that the only thing that will give me confidence is time. So here's to a quick passage of the next few weeks!

No comments: