Monday, January 08, 2007

How many more months until May?

I am supposed to be working, and I just can't seem to concentrate for more than 10 minutes at a time. I've played solitaire so much I should have my own show on ESPN. All was good at the doctor's appointment. At least, I think so. The nurse practitioner was very nice, but there was something on the ultrasound next to the baby, she couldn't make out what it was, so she called a doctor in to take a look. The doctor looked very quickly, said, "I have no idea. There's nothing we could do anyway, hopefully this one will be uneventful." Just like that. This was a woman!! I felt like leaping up from the table and strangling her. Great bedside manner, babe. I've scheduled the next appointment for when I should be twelve weeks, I'm hoping that will give me some kind of check on the heart rate and development. After that, I may come in for week 13 and 14, because that is somewhere around when it died last time. I have a good feeling about this one, I'm trying to repeat that over and over again, to ward off anxiety. It works, sometimes. I was expecting a huge sigh of relief, but for some reason, it didn't give me any satisfaction. Hopefully after the 15 week mark (if I make it that far) and the amnio (if I make it through that) if I get normal results, I'll be much calmer.

Speaking of anxiety, we are supposed to get MORE snow this friday. Every Friday for the past 3 weeks, we've gotten snow, first 3 feet, then 1 foot, and supposedly another foot this Friday. I am OVER it. Usually, we get a nice week or two in between the storms, the snow has time to melt before the next one. Not so this winter. I have four feet of snow in my front yard. I can't bring in my Christmas decorations, because I don't know where they are. They are buried under eight feet of snow, because the four feet that was on my driveway has been shoveled on top of the four feet in my yard. Husband has been really missing Atlanta, and I tell you, I hate moving, but a winter like this will make me do it. Luckily, I'm pregnant, which would make finding a job VERY difficult right now, so we'll have to wait and mull it over before we take any action. I do love Atlanta, and I've always thought I would end up there when I was older, but it is looking like in the next two or three years, we'll be moving there. I miss trees a whole lot, there are none, or at least, very few here. And I miss the fact that in March, I can wear shorts. Rather than May. I do love Spring (when we get one) and summer here, but my God, it is going to seem like it never gets here. I haven't ridden my horse on a trail in 3 or 4 weeks, because there too much snow on the ground, at least up to his knees. Luckily, I have an indoor arena, but it is scary because the ground is frozen and pretty hard and slick.

No comments: