Friday, June 01, 2007

almost 30 weeks!!

I honestly cannot believe that Monday will be 30 weeks that I've been pregnant. It doesn't seem possible that I'll only have ten weeks to go. Lots has happened since my last post:
1)I broke my toe
2)We were going to move to TN, then changed our minds
3)We bought a crib!

Broken toe: Charlie(horse) broke it. I was picking his hoof, and I can't really get bent over enough to get a good hold of them anymore, and he was stomping at flies. So, he stomped right out of my hand, and landed right on my foot. Ouch! My big toe is broken in two places, the toenail was out and mangled the toe, so they sutured me up. I got them out yesterday. Hobbling around is not fun, but the foot is getting stronger, and hopefully I only have two more weeks to go. I can't wait to get my foot back! I was just starting to walk the puppy at night, that had to end, but hopefully not for long. The really bad part was that Mike was out of town, so I had to drive myself to after hours care, and then drive back home, and deal with the puppy by myself. I was really glad when he got home!

Move to TN: My Dad offered to let us live in his house, rent free for a while, starting in June. I mentioned this to an old coworker, and my old boss contacted me and set up a three month contract until the baby is born to work in Chattanooga again, at my old job. It was making a fortune, too. We were all in until Mike went to visit, and made the drive (75 miles one way), and saw my Dad's house. I knew it was small, but he said it was pretty nasty (like rat droppings on the kitchen counter), and really, really old carpet. That in conjunction with a 150 mile a day commute, and the fact that I would've had to drive 2 and a half hours to the hospital/doctor, just really made it seem not worth it. So, we decided to stay here until after the baby is born, and maybe try to move in October. We'll see. It is nice and warm here now, so we are enjoying being here, and it is nice not to have to worry about moving on top of a new baby and a broken toe! It is a bummer though, because I was really ready to be done with this job. I've been programming for 11 years now, and they have decided that I'm going to be the help desk contact for a new application they are implementing. I'm not happy about this. I don't enjoy working with users, especially those that are INCREDIBLY non technical, and have a big chip on their shoulder. Like it is my fault that they have to use it. ~sigh~

Crib: We finally bought a crib, Husband has been pretty superstitious about it, but when I informed him that I only have 11 weeks to go, he became more motivated.

My Dad and stepmom are coming out Monday, there are volunteering at Rocky Mountain National Park this summer, so they are going to stop in to get acclimated to the altitude before they go up there. They are easy houseguests; but I always stress out, especially with the puppy around. He is really getting out of control, so I got a training book, and I'm trying to train him, but certain things I definitely need two feet for, so it is kind of halted for a couple of weeks. He's pretty good most of the time, but he gets these moments where he just wants to nip you over and over and over again, and if you are sitting on the couch, it is so maddening! I'm hoping the training will help him start respecting our space a bit more.

I am so sleepy, the older dog got up at 4:40 am, and I am just beat! I'm going to try to sneak in a nap now, if I can get comfortable enough to do it.

No comments: