Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Emotions are taking over

I'm sure it must be hormonal, but everything seems to be such a big deal right now. Husband and I are arguing it seems like every day, usually about the puppy. He'll do something bad, and H will just blow up (it seems excessively so, to me), and I immediately start crying. Sunday was our 18th anniversary, and we did absolutely nothing, and ended the day by me crying and him blowing up. Maybe the stress of everything is starting to get to him. We are having terrible financial problems, and he is leaving his job, which doesn't make enough to help anyway, to focus more on the real estate career. I know that will take a while to build up, and we have no savings at all. So, it is all pretty scary. I think that is wearing on us both, especially with a baby on the way. I'm just tired of arguing all the time. Yesterday we had a long talk about it, and we are both going to try to do better. The puppy can be so cute sometimes, but he is also a source of stress, and we need to learn to deal with him better. And with the hormones, I can completely convince myself that H is doing nothing to help me, which, even when I'm rational, is somewhat true. It seems that all he wants to do is come home and sit on the couch and watch TV, and if anything comes in between him and the couch, there'll be hell to pay. Hopefully once he gets out of this job, maybe he'll become a little more active, and therefore less stressed, and therefore less likely to blow up like a land mine.

My foot/toe is much better, I'm in a Birkenstock now, but still can't fit into a regular shoe, possibly just because I'm pregnant. I hate crocs so much, but now I may buy a pair so that my toe is at least protected somewhat. I'm so close to being able to walk on it, it is very exciting. I'm so tired of hobbling all the time! Both of my feet and ankles are starting to swell, so I'm keeping them up at work, and any time I'm not on them. And the heartburn is REALLY kicking up-- bleeeccch. But, the good part is that I can feel him moving around most of the time now, I love it. And I love being pregnant, love seeing how huge I am. I'm so grateful for him, and I hope I don't lose that at all.

We start our childbirth classes next Monday the 18th, very exciting! I can't believe I have just under 9 weeks to go -- time flies huh?

No comments: