Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Need to Vent

Over the years, I bet I've spent a couple of thousand dollars on shower gifts, bridal showers, baby showers, etc. I don't have very many close girl friends, so I really didn't expect a shower from friends. Two girls gave me a mini shower, completely by surprise, and it was so nice of them! Here at work, no one is doing anything. I can't believe it. I actually spearheaded a collection for a girl that started working here two months before her due date, I asked about giving her a shower, and no one wanted to give her one because she had just started. So I collected money, got her a cake, and gave her a Visa gift card. I didn't do it so that everyone would do the same for me, but come on! I've worked her over two years, and not a peep about a shower for me. I'm trying not to let it piss me off, but I'm beginning to get angry about it. I just attended a bridal shower for a 50 + year old woman (who has lived on her own for years), joined in like a good girl and bought her a gift. I can't believe that the people here are that uncaring. It just makes me feel angry and hurt. I was putting off buying certain things because I thought, that would be a good shower gift, not too expensive -- but now I have to buy those things because I'm getting closer and closer to my due date. I don't know how I'm going to not let it show that I'm really ticked off at this point. I can't believe how much I have supported these people and contributed to their kids' sales. You can believe all that will stop now, just let them ask, and my answer is going to be, Where was your support? Fuck off!

I'm not bitter...

No comments: