Thursday, June 19, 2008

My old pal the Pill

I haven't been on the pill since October of 2005. I didn't realize it had been that long, but apparently it has. I start up again this Sunday, and it is a strange feeling. Like the end of an era. I've been either obsessed with trying to get pregnant or keeping a pregnancy for two and a half years, or in ovulation obsessed years, forever. Now that I have a baby, that era is over. I honestly think that is why EVERY month I convince myself that I'm pregnant. It has become a way of life for me. And I'm finally ready to let it go, to get back to being myself. If I can remember who that was. And hopefully she's been away at a spa all of this time, and is thinner, happier and incredibly popular.
Did you see the spot on the Today show about the lady who's metal ornament on her thong flew off and hit her in the eye? She is suing Victoria's Secret. Boy howdy.

My job is quite the interesting place -- the men there want nothing to do with the women there. Some of them talk to me, but only about as much as they need to. They go to coffee every day, but never invite me. I've started saying completely weird things out loud, just to see if anyone will say anything, like "Why would you want to do THAT with a cow?" and so far no one has gone for it. I need to get more creative, I guess. I love a challenge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yuck. Being a female in a male-dominated world sucks sometimes. My field is the same way, but I don't let it get to me b/c I know that they don't do it to hurt me, they're just dumb. :)

It does, however, get you used to eating lunch by yourself.