Thursday, July 06, 2006

Back to Sanity (almost)

Wow! I just read my last post, and boy, the hormones must've been swarming. I feel much calmer now, Kaiser did actually call that day, and the lady was so nice and congratulatory. I asked her some questions, and she made me feel much better about everything. Also, just to be absolutely sure, I took another test on Tuesday, and it was a definite POSITIVE. For some reason, that set my mind at ease. I'm still having cramps off and on, but it seems that if I eat, they go away...
On Tuesday night, my husband took me out to the golf course where he works, I LOVE going out there, he takes me on a tour in a golf cart, and it is such a beautiful course. I really enjoyed it, until the end, when I was hit REALLY hard by cramps, and then I thought I was going to faint and/or throw up. I was kind of freaked out, my husband ROCKS, he was so patient and kind with me, I just started walking, and it seemed to eventually help. He mentioned that it had been six hours since we had eaten! Neither of us realized it, and to be honest, I really didn't feel that hungry! But we ate, and the cramps went away, and I felt fine after that. So, note to self: whether I feel hungry or not, eat more regularly.
I am absolutely dying to tell people, but I kind of want to wait until the three month mark, when my miscarriage risk goes down. But I REALLY want to tell my Mom, so I may wait until we go to the doctor on the 12th, and then give her a call. I can't call her until then, because I can't keep it a secret if I talk to her. I'm also anxious to find out how far along I am. I haven't had a period since 4/26 -- but I took a test around 6/11, and it was negative. I didn't take another one in a week, as I was frustrated, and didn't want to have to be disappointed again. So, I don't know if we conceived some time mid May, which would put me at 8 weeks! I'm hoping the doctor will be able to have a better idea.
Sorry for all of the pregnancy stuff, but I am just so excited. I go between bouts of intense worry that something will go wrong, to intense joy. I guess either feeling could be justified, and time will only tell.
I've ridden my horse a few times, and it is hard to get over thinking "don't fall, don't fall" all the time, even though I haven't fallen in almost two years. He totally feels my nervousness, and tests me, and once I set him straight, he calms down and so do I. He really is such a safe horse, otherwise, I wouldn't attempt riding him. I know women that have ridden up until they are 7 months, I don't think my nerves can take that! I'm figuring probably 4th or 5th month, and then Charlie gets a rest!

No comments: